Whitney Houston Died of Accidental Drowning, Cocaine in Her System

The LA Coroner has ruled Whitney Houston‘s death as an accidental drowning.

Houston was found dead in the bathroom of the hotel room on February 11th. A number of prescription medication bottles were found in the room, leading to speculation that the singer had died of a prescription drug overdose.

The Los Angeles County coroner’s report (Case Number 2012-01022) listed heart disease as a contributing factor and also noted that the singer had cocaine, marijuana, Xanax, Flexeril and Benadryl in her system as well.

Cocaine is a stimulant, Xanax is an anti-anxiety drug and Flexeril is a muscle relaxant. Benadryl (generic name: diphenhydramine) is an anti-histamine but is also the active ingredient in most over-the-counter sleeping pills because one of the drug’s main side effects is that it causes drowsiness.

Did Whitney just fall asleep in her bathtub?

Michele R. Berman, M.D. was Clinical Director of The Pediatric Center, a private practice on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. from 1988-2000, and was named Outstanding Washington Physician by Washingtonian Magazine in 1999. She was a medical internet pioneer having established one of the first medical practice websites in 1997. Dr. Berman also authored a monthly column for Washington Parent Magazine.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Time Analytics Google Analytics Alternative