Policy Effective Date: October 26, 2009 (Last modified October 26, 2009)
The Personally Identifiable Information We Collect and How We Use It
Personally identifiable information is information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as your full name, credit card number, social security number, and some e-mail or IP addresses.
When you register to use the website, we collect a limited amount of personally identifiable information from you, such as your e-mail address and password. Registering allows you to make the most of CelebrityDiagnosis.com’s personalized features and content, build a public or private profile, create and join groups, participate in online discussions, and develop and maintain a record of your health-related research.
One of the defining features of CelebrityDiagnosis.com is the capacity for users to participate in health-related discussions with other website users. Users can also join groups of other individuals with similar interests to communicate on various topics. Your messages will not reveal your e-mail address to other group members. If you prefer not to receive such communications, you may decide to leave the group at any time.
CelebrityDiagnosis.com also collects information about website usage. We use that information to provide services to our users, improve our website, develop our business, and analyze use patterns. We use both personally identifiable information and non-personal information for internal purposes, such as enhancing users’ experience with CelebrityDiagnosis.com services; performing administrative and technical support functions for the website; notifying users about new content, events, and services; and creating aggregated information about demographics and usage patterns.
Transfer of Personally Identifiable Information
CelebrityDiagnosis.com will not rent, sell, license, publicly disclose or share your information with third parties except to provide you with a product or service you request or under the following limited circumstances:
· We may provide personally identifiable information to third parties to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order. If we are legally compelled to disclose your personally identifiable information to a third party, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you unless doing so would violate the law or court order or unless otherwise instructed by law enforcement.
· We may provide personally identifiable information to third parties if website administrators perceive a physical threat to you or others, to homeland security, or to our system or network. We may also disclose such information if we believe it reasonably necessary to investigate or prevent harm, fraud, abuse, a violation of our terms or conditions of use, or other illegal conduct.
· We may provide personally identifiable information to service providers with whom we have business relationships. For example, we may contract with third parties to provide certain services including data management, promotional services, consulting, web hosting, and web development. We provide those third parties with only the information necessary for them to perform the particular services for which we have engaged them. We choose providers whom we believe maintain reasonable security procedures appropriate to the nature of the information involved in order to protect that information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure.
· We may share anonymous, aggregated information about users or the use of our website with sponsors, advertisers, or other third parties. This aggregated information cannot be used to identify or contact an individual or to link individuals with specific health conditions or concerns that they have researched through CelebrityDiagnosis.com.
Cookies and Web Beacons
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Many web browsers automatically accept cookies as a default setting, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. Declining cookies may limit your use of some of the interactive features of this website.
We may also employ web beacons in conjunction with cookies to compile aggregate statistics about website traffic and use. A web beacon is an electronic image, also called an action tag, clear GIF, or single pixel. Web beacons recognize certain types of anonymous, non-personal information on the computer of a registered user or visitor to CelebrityDiagnosis.com. For example, a Web beacon may recognize a visitor’s cookie number, the time and date of a page view and a description of the page where the web beacon is placed. You can render some web beacons unusable by rejecting their associated cookies if you so choose.
Privacy Settings & Security
To help protect your privacy, we recommend that you create a username for your participation on the website that does not contain your full name and choose a strong password that others cannot easily guess. Although your posts and data will not reveal your e-mail address to other users or group members, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We are not responsible for the circumvention of privacy settings or security measures contained on this website.
Data collected and stored on CelebrityDiagnosis.com’s servers is considered proprietary and confidential information. We have implemented reasonable security measures to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of user and customer data under our control. Nonetheless, users should be aware that data security technology is constantly evolving. As such, although we strive to protect information saved to or transmitted through CelebrityDiagnosis.com, we cannot and do not warrant or guarantee that no loss, misuse, or alteration of information you provide to or transmit through this website will occur. You use CelebrityDiagnosis.com’s services at your own risk.
Communications and Opt Out Right
Users may occasionally receive e-mails from CelebrityDiagnosis.com regarding changes to the website, special promotions, or other information the website administrator deems important to communicate to our users. All e-mails contain an opt-out mechanism for those recipients who do not wish to receive future e-mails from us.
Children Under 18
In light of growing concerns over children’s online privacy, CelebrityDiagnosis.com does not knowingly request, collect, or share information from users under the age of 18. Our services are neither developed for nor directed at children.
· Send an email to us at [email protected]
· Write to us at Celebrity Diagnosis, LLC, P.O. Box 67504, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467.
Access: Updating Personally Identifiable Information
When you notify us of an error or change in your personally identifiable information, we will make a good faith effort to correct or delete such data at your request, unless otherwise required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves before processing such requests.
We reserve the right to charge a small fee to process any request to update, correct or delete personally identifiable information. We also may decline to process requests that require a disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
By using this website, you are consenting to have your personally identifiable information transferred to and processed in the United States.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your privacy as a visitor or registered user of CelebrityDiagnosis.com, you may contact us at the following addresses:
e-mail: [email protected]
postal mail: Celebrity Diagnosis, LLC, P.O. Box 67504, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467.