Five months to the day after her bone marrow transplant, Robin Roberts was back at the anchor desk on Good Morning America. Roberts, 52, underwent the bone marrow transplant on September 20, to treat Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS), which was a complication of the treatment she received for breast cancer in 2007. Her sister, Sally Ann [...]
Search results for "robin roberts"
It’s been another banner year for celebrity health stories. From the shocking news of Whitney Houston’s death, to the inspiring story of Robin Roberts brave battle with a blood disorder caused by her previous breast cancer treatment, 2012 gave us some highs and lows that may not soon be forgotten. 1. Paula Deen will break [...]
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Yes, it’s that time of year when everything gets bathed in pink. To honor the occasion, we’d like to tip our hat to 15 women who have publicly battled with breast cancer. To read more of the stories of these women click on their names: Robin Roberts, Wanda Sykes, [...]
Five years ago, Good Morning America co-host Robin Roberts was treated for breast cancer. More recently, Roberts has been diagnosed with myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS). Roberts will undergo chemotherapy, followed by a bone marrow transplant in the fall. The bone marrow donor will be her older sister, Sally Ann Roberts, who is said to be an excellent match. One [...]
I always read the last page of a book first so that if I die before I finish I’ll know how it turned out.— Billy Crystal to Meg Ryan in “When Harry Met Sally” This is just one of the memorable lines penned by three-time Oscar-nominated writer/director Nora Ephron. The successful movie hits included Sleepless [...]
Good Morning America co-host Robin Roberts is having a roller coaster year. At the same time that GMA beat the Today show in the weekly ratings war for the first time in over 16 years, 51-year-old Roberts got the news that she was suffering from a blood and bone marrow disorder. Roberts was diagnosed with [...]
Tonight all 3 major networks, as well as a number of cable networks will televise the 2010 StandU2C (Stand Up to Cancer) telethon at 8 pm EST. Hosted by news anchors Katie Couric, Brian Williams, and Diane Sawyer, the star-studded telethon hopes to beat the $ 100 million level they reached in September 2008. Celebrities [...]
In continuing our series of special articles in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, we present a partial list of “celebrities” who have survived breast cancer. Some are long term survivors, others more recently diagnosed. Many are still very active in their given professions. Celebrity Profession Diagnosed Age Now Anastacia Pop singer 2003 41 Christina [...]
Latest From Entertainment
Latest From Sports
Latest From Reality TV
Latest From Politics
- Kelly Ripa Diagnoses Herself With Mysterious Neurological Disorder September 9, 2011
- “Cake Boss” Mama Mary Valastro Diagnosed With ALS July 10, 2012
- Angelina Jolie Feeds Her Kids Bugs! July 22, 2011
- Did “Alternative Medicine” Kill Steve Jobs? October 12, 2011
- Jaws Actor Roy Scheider Died of Multiple Myeloma-Correction January 25, 2012
Follow @celebritydx on Twitter
- einreichen on “Cake Boss” Mama Mary Valastro Diagnosed With ALS
- l.young on Carnie Wilson Has Bell’s Palsy
- antoinette on “Cake Boss” Mama Mary Valastro Diagnosed With ALS
- jaypee on Is Kobe Bryant’s Career Over?
- Emery Max on Is Kobe Bryant’s Career Over?
- Azcom student on Is Kobe Bryant’s Career Over?
- Charles Runels on Kim Kardashian’s Vampire Facial
- prevention of bladder cancer on Former Secretary of State Warren Christopher succumbs to cancer
- oil for vitiligo treatment on Michael Jackson and Vitiligo
- Lee Ann on Kelly Ripa Diagnoses Herself With Mysterious Neurological Disorder
Find us on Facebook
Find us on Google+
Boston and Seattle
Tweeting since June 27, 2009